Monday, December 30, 2013

I'm back!

After abandoning this project for nearly two years, I have enthusiastically returned to it. In the past year and a half, I have grown a lot as a person and as a writer. I have a much deeper understanding of who I am, both as a person with bipolar disorder and as a person, period. I have worked extensively on two novels. Practice writing fiction will help me with this project, even though this is a nonfictional work, as I am telling people's stories. I am reporting factual information, but I still need to do it in a way that is engaging, as a story teller.

I have recently graduated, earning a degree in biology and psychology. In the past year and a half, I have taken several classes that will help me write this book. These include courses in adolescent psychology, psychology of emotion, and neural epigenetics. I will be working full time in a neurobiology research lab that I have been with for two years, starting in mid-January. I also aim to spend 2-3 hours daily on the book. I am currently working on a book proposal. More on that in the next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment